Xenharmonic FMTS is a 4 Operator FM Synthesis VSTi with a specialized set of features for musicians interested in exploring the expressive possibilities of microtonal and xenharmonic music making.
- Internally loads and externally receives both MTS (MIDI Tuning Standard) Bulk Dump and Single Note Microtuning Files
- Operator ratios can easily be set to values that are coincident with the microtuning being used, thereby producing tuning related FM sidebands in the timbre of the instrument
- Isoharmonic spacing of the operator ratios
- Precise values may be set for microtonal pitch-bends
- Arbitrary microtonal period shifting makes it possible to pitch transpose in both octave and non-octave increments
- 4 Operator FM Synthesis with Ring-Modulation
- 57 Operator Algorithms
- 11 different Operator Waveforms
- 22 Waveforms
- Phase & Pulse-Width LFO Modulation
- Envelope Generators
- 6 independent Envelope Generators dedicated to modulating Operators A-D, Filters and VCA
- Velocity sensitive
- Keyboard tracking.
- 2 State Variable Filters with 12 and 24 dB response
- Cutoff frequencies modulated by Velocity, Envelope Generator, LFO and Keyboard Tracking
- Low Frequency Oscillators can be set to modulate the cutoff frequencies of the filters at audio rates, thereby producing sidebands in the signal.
- Saturator for subtle to extreme distortion
- 6 dB LPF Warm Filter
- 4-Voice Stereo Ensemble Detuner
Win 32 VST
(3 / 5)
Amazing sound, serious tweaking possibilities, but crippling cpu load.
(5 / 5)
The microtuning and spectral FM properties are unique and it truly makes sounds that cannot be found in any other free VSTi. If you want to check out it's unique qualities, start with presets 29-38, the just intonation presets; truly beautiful harmonies. If you want to delve deeper into the into the harmonic and incredibly dissonant possibilities of this synth be prepared with your sound theory, physics, and basic math knowledge. It is not for the faint of heart, but the fantastic rewards and alien possibilities are there for the taking.
Geile Schei�e für den unteren Subbereich... Nice shit for lower Bassimages...