Analog modular synthesizer with stereo SF2 player and an additive synthesis WaveTracer to build high quality waveforms. 128 KX presets (70's and 80's...).
- Stereo routing
- All modulations are pre-connected, no cables on the GUI
- Skin with variable background color
- 3 Polyphonic EGs with for each segment: curves, velocity and Kbd controls
- 1 Monophonic EG with for each segment: curves, velocity and Kbd controls
- Multiple trigger sources and sync for the EGs and the LFOs
- 2 Oscillators with 2 waveforms and 2 outputs with Phase modulation and Sync
- 2 independent Sub Oscillators
- 1 Stereo SF2 player
- 2 Monophonic LFOs with 2 Rates and ASR EG
- 2 Mulitmode VCFs
- Mixer with 6 sources: Noise, Vco1 1-2, Vco 2 1-2, Ring, Vco1 Width, Vco2 Width and 3 outputs: VCF1, VCF2, VCA
- Each mixer voice can be modulated by different sources
- Noise Generator with an EQ
- Ring Modulator
- 6 host sync clocks
- 2 Midi inputs
- 1 Distortion
- 2 Delays with sync, multimode filter and modulation oscillator with sync
- 1 Scope with 100 ms of buffer size
- Full Midi learn
- Full NRPN implementation
- 128 nice KX presets
- Full parameters controls to make Additive Waveforms with no aliasing
- Full 32 bit High Quality Waveforms
- Easy to use and to create analogic waveforms
- Same quality for all clock frequencies: 44.1 khz to 192 khz
- independent WaveTracer engine: KxWaveTracer.exe
Win 32 VST
Win 64 VST
(3 / 5)
I like it. It could be better.
(3 / 5)
This synth is semi-modular. There's general confusion about what a modular synth is. A true modular allows you to add modules at will, like in Reaktor and VAZ. While the limitation in hardware is money, in software should be processing power only. Even the world-wide marketed Arturia Modular V is not true modular because the amount of modules to build a patch is limited to a maximum that can not be exceed.
I agree... but so many people do this that I stopped caring.
(2 / 5)
I'd fair this one below the quality of Sonigen's, XSRDO and g200k's Kamioooka modulars, while understanding its release/update version might be older. I'd also like to argue against the fact that I cannot choose which modules are in the synth and therefore its classification as modular is not truly representative. It was also very unconsistent in CPU load.
(5 / 5)
Very awesome VST Plugin :) THX to the creators.
(2 / 5)
Sans préjuger de la qualité indéniable du travail effectué par M. X. Kalensky, toutes ses réalisations, et celle-ci en particulier, affectent de manière permanente trois défauts de famille: GUI encombré, brouillon et peu ergonomique, ensemble trop compliqué à appréhender, docummentation d'aide qui n'aide pas beaucoup. Je suis désole M. Kalencky, mais je vous note 2 sur 5.
Trop de boutons pour vous princesse... Allez chercher un synthé pour bébé avant de critiquer. M. Kalensky crée certains des meilleurs plug-ins disponibles, en particulier dans les gratuits.