One-SF2 is a microtonal SF2 / subtractive synth.
It is a single stereo oscillator, SF2 SoundFont VSTi that features full-controller MIDI Pitch Microtuning using the MTS (MIDI Tuning Standard) format, where any MIDI Note Number can be freely microtuned to any desired pitch across the MIDI range, enabling computer musicians and composers to explore the vast expressive possibilities of composing music with alternative intonation systems.
The instrument enables users to load their own stereo SF2 SoundFont files and thereby any special timbres required of the music at hand, from classical acoustic instruments, to synthesized ones.
The instrument is also an educational tool for learning about computer music sound-design, sampling, as well as musical instrument intonation (aka microtuning and xenharmonics).
This instrument embodies a design philosophy of simplicity for microtonal music sound-design…
- Enables computer musicians and composers to freely load their own SF2 SoundFonts into a fully microtonal, sample-based VSTi.
- A ‘knob-less’ design featuring slider controls only, which enables intuitive direct control with a computer mouse.
- Settings are made by typing values into fields, dropdown lists, left-and-right arrows, switches and sliders.
- Enables musicians to specify precise microtonal pitch-bend settings.
- Features arbitrary microtonal oscillator transposition settings.
- Amplitude Envelope Generator with per-stage ADSR keyboard tracking.
- Dedicated Envelope Generator.
- VCA Envelope Generator with Per-Stage ADSR Keyboard Tracking.
- Switchable Velocity Sensitivity and Fixed Volume Control.
- MIDI Pitch Microtuning with MTS (MIDI Tuning Standard).
- MTS Support for both Single Note and Bulk Dump.
- Loads MTS Microtuning Format Files Internally and Receives MTS Externally.
- Local (Per-Patch) and Global Microtuning (Static Microtuning for All Patches).
- Microtunings can be loaded from any directory on hard drives or storage devices connected to the computer.
- 12 Note Polyphonic.
- Monophonic Legato Mode.
- Monophonic Portamento.
- Microtonal Pitch Bend.