by Austen
(0 votes)     Rate it!
MIDI-Transformer allows you to transform and reroute incoming MIDI signals.

To use the plugin, place it somewhere in your VST chain and select an input source from the top-left dropdown, as well as an output destination from the top-right dropdown.

During playback, the plugin works as follows:
  • Reads incoming MIDI values from the selected input source.
  • Transforms those values using the specified transformation curve.
  • Outputs the transformed values according to the selected output destination.

The plugin's GUI will show a vertical line along the curve to indicate the last input value that was captured, and how it was transformed. To edit the curve :
  • Move a node by clicking and dragging.
  • Add a node by double clicking anywhere along the curve.
  • Delete a node by right clicking on it.
  • Change a node's curve type by double clicking on it.
  • This will cycle between the three curve types: Linear (default), Quadratic, Cubic.
Sirreal Jan 01 2024
Jan 01 2024
Does not seem to work for windows vst applications, even if I change the filetype to .dll
Boogati Oct 16 2021
Oct 16 2021
It's a Vst3.
Joe May 11 2022
May 11 2022
The idea behind this plugin is only possible with vst3. vst2s can't multi-task. When a vst2 receives midi, the sole process for that plug-in at that moment is generating / outputting whatever the MIDI instructed. While that happens, those midi notes are inaccessible, essentially non-existent (as far as the DAW is concerned) as long as they are being read by the plug-in. I think it's something to do with the digital architecture of vsts. It also means that, while vst2s can read and react to incoming data, they can't send any information themselves. Vst3 changed that, so now a bit of midi can trigger a plug-in to run multiple processes and outwardly send data while, at the same time, it's responding to incoming (midi) data.
New Ignis Jan 03 2024
Jan 03 2024
I tried it with Ableton Live 10, but the effect appears as having an audio out, instead of a MIDI out. I can't get it to work