Dream 64 is inspired by the SID chip from the old but good Commodore c64, of course with some extra features added for fun.
- 5 Sequencers with 8 steps; All sequencers have a start and end loop but start always at step one.
- Every sequencer has its own BPM rate or all have one Free Rate (manual).
- 1 Wavetable sequencer with audio on/off (gate effect).
- 2 Arp sequencer notes from C to C3 and one C4 note.
- 3 Extra octave sequencer.
- 4 Ring modulation sequencer notes from C to C3 and one C4 note.
- 5 Filter sequencer.
- Oscillator with 4 waveforms and ring modulation mode.
- Waves are saw triangle pulse noise. The noise is very special it can be pitched by key or fixed. Fixed is nice for percussion effects. Also you can pitch it on the GUI. Octaves from -3 to 2.
- Ring modulation oscillator notes from C to C3 and one C4 note.
- 2 LFOs with 21 waveforms BPM rates and free (manual).
- The LFOs can start at gate/free/first (first=host sync/Start when you hit play).
- Destinations of the LFOs are pitch/pulse/ring osc and Filter.
- 2 modulation envelopes (with BPM re-trigger).
- Destinations Pitch/pulse/ring modulation.
- Filter Envelope can be switched to the filter sequencer.
- Filters lowpass/hipass/bandpass/low and hipass/band and hipass/band and lowpass.
- Random for most of the controls.
- Rest most of the controls.
- Double click is reset for most of the controls.
- An extra nice feature a BPM MIDI arp. It's nice in combination with the sequencers when the MIDI arp is set on low BPM rate (look at the presets with the name MIDI ARP xxxx. There's also a free (manual rate) for the MIDI arp, but if the free rate to high you only hear the first step of the sequencers.
- Total of 109 presets so even if you don't understand the plugin it's useful.
Win 32 VST
(4 / 5)
Works great with OpenMPT. Sounds almost perfect, almost cuz pwm is strange imo. 1mb for tune its... terrifying, but if u dont need a compatibility, this is best plugin
My recommendation is to ignore *all* the author's other plug-ins with this theme because this one is great and is the easiest to program. Could do much more with filter cutoff than the others, for example. Someone else already said it, no MIDI velocity modulation but it's forgiven from 8-bit emulation because few MOD files went farther than "C00" to change the volume! This plug-in has one audio output; something to become aware of in some of the music apps.
(4 / 5)
(4 / 5)
Sounds cool. But it has no velocity effect on the volume. Which is a big minus I think. Would be cool to have randomize a separate sections option. Like a dice button at each section.
(5 / 5)
This and Basic 65 are the BEST for chiptune music. Odo's 38911 bytes is no slouch either, but this appears to be the updated version of it (like Basic 65 is de la Mancha's updated Basic 64). If you want other chiptune synths, also check out Odo's DrSID. It's a C64 drum machine synth!
(5 / 5)
The synth is awesome for chiptunes... just... perfect. :)
This is the Best synth for 8-bit and ' Chiptune ' - it is characterized by the electronic sound reminiscent of the one that was used in the soundtracks for the games for consoles Dendy, NES, Sega Master System or for home computers based on the eight-bit processor (Z80, 6510): ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64 and other. Это Лучший синтезатор для 8 бит и Chiptune � Для него характерен электронный звук, напоминающий тот, что применялся в саундтреках к играм для приставок Dendy, NES, Sega Master System или для домашних компьютеров на основе восьмиразрядных процессоров (Z80, 6510): ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64 и др.
(5 / 5)
Love on the GUI on this and it sounds great. Fun too. Well done, Odo!