38911 Bytes is based on Commodore 64 software but it can do a lot more.
- 1 oscillator synth with 4 waveforms (saw, triangle, pulse and pitch noise). Also PulseWidth “noise cutoff” and “noise level” and Octaves from -3 to 4.
- 3 BPM sequencers with 10 rates, 2 to 16 steps and end/loop modes.
- The filter, pitch and PW modulation envelopes have stages from 1 to 8, also 13 curves, a Sustain point from 1 to 7 or even off. The envelopes can also be turned off to save some CPU when not required.
- 3 different filters - low-pass, band-pass and hi-pass. You can activate more than one filter type like on a real c64 and also turn the filters off.
- 2 LFOs with 19 different waveforms with free speed or 14 BPM speeds. The LFOs have only 3 destinations - cutoff, pitch and for PWM.
- A Ring modulation with a bitcrusher notes from c to b and octaves from -4 to 3.
- A volume envelope and a full bank of 128 presets.
- Sequencer 1 is for notes and octaves. Notes from C to B and octaves -3 to 4.
- Sequencer 2 is for waveforms.
- Sequencer 3 is for octaves from -3 to 4.
Win 32 VST
Ableton can't find this plugin
Ableton Live only reads 64-bit plugins. 32-bit is a very old standard for plugins that's basically not observed at all today. You have to use a bridging plugin like jBridge in order to use 32-bit plugins in Live. There's a free alternative called NetVSTHost, but it's a lot less easy to set up. Good luck and I hope I'm not too late in telling you this.
Hi, I just want to say, that if you are using an old computer like myself, that hasn't updated its DAW or anything on the computer itself since 2010, you can use any old 32 bit VST there is. Just to enlighten people on the possibility of not updating anything and using old stuff instead.
(5 / 5)
Holy God, This is what i REALLY wanted.
(4 / 5)
Yes very cool chiptune synth...
(5 / 5)
I like this plugin more than Basic65 made by delaMancha. Although there are two versions of 38911 in the archive – the 3rd and 4th one. The 3rd one works without any issues but the 4th one crushes any DAW after few seconds.
(3 / 5)
Pretty solid chiptune synth
I'm donwnloading but I keep getting a different version that is not the one in the printscreen showed here. I need the version from the printscreen.. where can I get it, please?
(5 / 5)
Love this synth, it's great for arps and sequences to add atmosphere to happy hardcore and breakbeat tracks.
(5 / 5)
Great sim, well worth the download.
This is *astonishingly* good.
(5 / 5)
This synth is PERFECT, exactly what I was looking for. It's pretty much a complete chiptune making kit. Built in easy to use arpeggiator that lets you set up to 8 steps, lets you set the speed of the arpeggio, and that's only 1/3 of the functionality of the sequencer section. You can setup a waveform sequence and adjust it's speed for. You have a pulse width controller, pitch modulation controller, god this thing has EVERYTHING. And it's super stupidly simple to use. Completely 100% intuitive, someone dumb like myself was able to figure out everything in a manner of minutes of messing around.