T-Force Trance Gate 2 is an envelope controlled rhythmic gate effect to chop an incoming audio signal like e.g. a pad sound into a rhythmic sequence.
This kind of effect was used a lot in old classic trance tunes which also gave this effect its name. In early days of trance music this effect was realized by using a noise gate device. The rhythmic sequence was done by using e.g. a hihat sequence which was routed to the sidechain input of the noise gate. The T-Force Trance Gate 2 uses an internal step sequencer instead, to make the workflow easier to create this effect. It also can switched to a sidechain mode, to use it the "classical" way by using an external audio signal as a sidechain input. The Trance Gate 2 also has a multimode filter. The effect is fully controlled by an amp envelope and a filter/resonane envelope. With all these features it's even possible to turn your favorite pad sound into an arp-like sequence.
- Effect device for using as insert effect or send effect.
- Stereo audio input (L/R).
- Stereo sidechain input (L/R).
- Bypass mode.
- Step sequencer with up to 32 steps.
- Adjustable tempo with bpm host sync.
- Multimode filter with 13 different filter types, with controls for cutoff, resonance, cutoff envelope amount and resonance envelope amount.
- 1 ADSR amp envelope with on/off function.
- 1 ADSR filter cutoff envelope with on/off function.
- 1 ADSR resonance envelope with on/off function.
- 2 trigger modes: sequencer mode - uses the internal step sequencer to trigger all ADSR envelopes. sidechain mode - uses the stereo sidechain inputs to trigger all ADSR envelopes with an incoming audio signal by a given threshold, attack and release value (e.g. a hihat loop).
- 2 LFO's.
- Mod Matrix.
- All controls are fully automatable.